Today I am grateful for the opportunity to walk my daughter to school.
Today she is taking her first ever standardized test. She is nervous.
Her father fed her eggs and oatmeal to fill her little belly with comfort and nutrition. To steel her nerves.
I made sure she was warm enough for the walk and had a jacket for the classroom.
She and I filled her backpack with fresh water and snacks and sugar free gum.
We began our climb toward the school.
I hope the walk helped get the wiggles out.
I hope all of her chatting helped pull the nervous energy out.
I pray our hand holding helped reassure her that she is not alone in this world.
Divine Nurturer of the Universe, please be with my daughter today. Please reassure her that everything she needs is already in her knowledge.
With love,
Layla
No comments:
Post a Comment