Friday, September 2, 2011

All About the Bling Q&A

I'm joining the final swap for the year in the Swap Stop on Ravelry. To participate, you have to answer some questions periodically. This is what they've asked to get us started:

Do you knit or crochet? How long have you been at your craft? Yes, I do both. I've been knitting about two years and crocheting for around twenty five, but I've only just gotten serious about it in the last two.

Do you spin? What type of spinning do you do? No I do not. I think about it, and then I think about my current yarn obsession and stop thinking about it.

Are there any other crafts that you participate in? Baby-rearing and husband-herding. Something sometimes comes of those activities, right?

What are your favorite yarns/fibers? Are there any that you want to try but haven’t? In the way of yarn, I have been leaning toward sock weight and lighter lately. That might have something to the record summer heat in Central Texas. As for fibers, I like merino, it's plain and simple. I like all fibers I've tried for the most part, but I really like to try cashmere or a wool/silk blend. That might be fun.

Are there any yarns/fibers that you don’t like? splitty, pilly ones.
 

What colors do you like/dislike? I love jewel tones. I have spent a lot of time in pastels lately as it appears to be the season of babies. I hope to experiment more with greys and other neutrals.

When you think of ‘bling’ what comes to mind? sparkly jewelry

What is your favorite types of knitted/crocheted ‘bling’? swanky needles, cute stitch markers, sweet bags for carrying the projects that don't look like a craft project bag

Do you have a yarn winder and/or a swift? no I use only my hands and the back of a chair

Do you have a blog? yes, this is it (http://laylalivesinaustin.blogspot.com/)

Do you collect anything? yarn (until I can make it into something), harmonicas (toy and "real", love 'em!), and toy instruments

Do you like sweets? What are your favorites? YES - I love chocolate! and gummy bears and those sugared orange slices and jordan almonds and and and...

What is your living situation like? Any pets? Children? My living situation is wonderful! I have a sweet husband, John, and an endearingly, adorably fun 1 year old daughter, Madison who is learning to walk. No pets right now - baby is enough!

Are you allergic to anything? mold, mtn. juniper (aka cedar in texas)

Is there anything else that you want your pal to know?
Thank you so much!!!!

No comments: