So, the associate pastor at our church is leaving at the end of the year. I am quite torn about it. I think that it is a truly wonderful opportunity for her to go to this new post she is leaving us for. But then again, I think she is leaving us. I care very much for her - she has been wonderful, and it will be quite sad and empty for everyone once she's no longer here. Luckily she is just moving about an hour away to a lovely retreat ranch that many of our church's youth attend in the summer for camp. Still it is hard and I just about cried the entire church service this past Sunday over it. So as a way to rejoice in her, I have started a prayer blanket for her to take with as a memory of us. We have a Prayer Shawl Ministry and spend a lot of time constructing shawls and baptismal blankets, but I feel that Kathy is not a shawl kind of gal. The blanket will be nice - I have visions of her cuddling up with her cats and dogs on the sofa at her new ranch house. I'm making a felted tote to hold the blanket in when we give it to her. I figure she can use the tote when she goes on vacation or to conferences. It will be all bright and happy, which is how I best see Kathy as well.
The blanket will be made of knit and crocheted squares made by many of the ladies in the crafting group. Last night I started some of squares to use as mock-ups to show the other ladies how to get a 6"x6" finished piece. Here they are. I'm not done with the knitted square yet. It is just garter stitch, but I'll post it when I'm done.
No comments:
Post a Comment